- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Access to your information and correction
- Do we share your data?
- Other websites
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
You may provide us with information about yourself by filling in forms on our website, providing feedback or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This may include, for example, information you provide when you do any of the following:
- Register to use or visit our website
- Request a quotation for our services
- Provide feedback on the website or our services, or report a problem with our website
- Contact us by phone or email
- Contact us via our social media sites
- For recruitment purposes
Depending on your use of our site we may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Date of Birth
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Financial information and bank details
- Employment and education details
- Health details
- Information on how you use this website (such as your IP address and browser information)
We also work alongside SMART Insurance as their authorised repairer. If you are a customer of SMART Insurance, we will collect your details from them to contact you and arrange a repair. Your details will only be used for the purpose of carrying out a repair and will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.
How will we use the information about you?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis and may be used or collected for one of the following purposes:
- Necessary to carry out our performance of a contract with you
- You have consented to our use of your personal data
- It is in our legitimate interests
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to provide a quotation and carry out a repair)
- To monitor and improve our service offering to you, as well as to notify you of any changes to our website or service.
- To provide you with information you have consented to receive
- To monitor the traffic on our website in accordance with the cookie section of this policy
- As part of the recruitment process, when applicable
How long do we keep it?
|Customer Details||At Shine! we offer a lifetime guarantee on all of our repairs. Your contact details will be held on our system until you request to end your relationship with Shine!. If we have removed your details, we will not be able to honour our lifetime guarantee.|
|Candidate Details||If you enter your CV details via our website, we will hold your application details for a maximum of 6 months post application. If you are successful, we will retain your employee details for 6 years post-employment with us.|
With your consent, we may use your data for marketing purposes with information, news and offers on our services and we may contact you by the following:
- Text Message
We will not send you unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
We will ask you to consent to this marketing by opting-in via a link in our email to you. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your data for marketing purposes by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link within any email correspondence.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to the following:
- Request the erasure of personal information we hold on you
- Request restriction of processing of such information
- Object to the processing of such information
- Request a copy of such information in a printable format
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you are using our site or we process your data as a customer you will need email any requests for the above to email@example.com
If you are using our site or we process your data as an employee or candidate you will need to email any requests for the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have concerns about the way we handle your data please do not hesitate to contact us using the details provided at the end of this privacy notice. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Do we share your data?
Marketing – we use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our marketing emails. If you consent to marketing, Mailchimp will collect your details via the double opt-in email and will be stored by Mailchimp to allow us to create distribution lists and send our marketing emails.
Third Party Providers – we work in partnership with Dent Devils to offer alternative repair techniques. If your damage is deemed suitable for this type of repair, we will contact you and ask if you are happy for us to transfer your details to Dent Devils. Your details will only be used for the purpose of carrying out the repair and will not be shared, distributed or used for any other purpose.
Recruitment – we use a third-party provider for all of our Company uniform. If you are employed by us, your contact details and address details will be transferred to Othello in order for us to deliver your uniform to your address.
How to contact us
- By email at email@example.com
- Or write to us at:
Unit 11-14 Rawdon Business Park